ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT
- The "Windy City Rev Ups" music captures the classic sound of Chicago-style R&B fused with soulful harmonica and revved-up, guitar-driven rock n' roll. Their stage shows are far beyond ordinary and well-suited for music lovers of all generations. They perform original songs, classic rock anthems, popular blues standards, and R&B hits that are guaranteed to get rock clubs rocking, blues joints smoking and dance floors hopping.
- The band has been performing together for over 20 years. They are based in downtown Chicago and have performed all over the United States, 1000's of live shows. Their first big break was when they were featured as up-and-coming musicians at the 21st Anniversary Chicago Blues Festival, the largest free blues festival in the world. Since 2008 they have released 10 live, studio, and acoustic albums; 8 of these releases can be heard worldwide streaming on every major online music platform including Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and CD Baby.
- Over the years they have won numerous music awards including Chicago's "Best R&B Band", "Best Blues Band" and "Best Local CD Release". In 2009 they began performing their style of upbeat rock n' blues music at the internationally known House of Blues in Chicago. In 2017 the band toured Ireland headlining the 21st Annual Danny Boy Jazz & Blues Festival, Northern Ireland's largest 3-day music festival. Since 2018, bandleader Rich "Rev" has toured solo in Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, and Iceland. The Windy City Rev Ups have friends, fans and listeners in Chicago and all around the world.
- Years of headlining performances at top entertainment venues and popular music festivals have made the Windy City Rev Ups one of the most in-demand bands on the Chicago music scene today!
- The Windy City Rev Ups, are a Hitmaker Promotions indie recording artist. Their music is distributed by CD Baby, the world's largest distributor of independent music, and is available streaming worldwide on all major music retailers. Rich "Rev" is the founding member and band's singer-songwriter; he's a triple threat on lead vocals, harmonica, and guitar. He performs with long-time band members and is supported by many of Chicago's top professional musicians. Since 2008 the Windy City Rev Ups have released 10 albums; 8 releases are available online. The band has performed all over the United States, in 2017 they toured Ireland headlining the Danny Boy Jazz & Blues Festival. Rich's solo tours have included performances in Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, and Iceland.
- Over the last 20 years, they have won numerous music awards including Chicago's "Best R&B Band," "Best Blues Band" and "Best Local CD Release." They are a hard-working band that performs 50 to 100 live shows a year. They are an active part of the Chicago music scene and have been featured over 600 times at the House of Blues Chicago headlining as a band and duo/trio act since 2009. Their concert and festival performances have included multiple years at the Chicago Blues Festival, Taste of Chicago, and many other well-known entertainment venues and special events. They have had the honor of sharing the stage with Chicago's top musicians and internationally recognized artists such as the Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, Wishbone Ash, Night Hawks, Eddy "The Chief" Clearwater, and many more.
- They have been featured worldwide on radio and cable television broadcasts including two live performances on the popular Chicago area radio show Hambone's Blues Party WDCB 90.9 FM and in 2021 a New Years' Eve interview on WLIP 1050 AM. The band's 10 live, studio, and acoustic albums feature a mix of original songs and popular covers. Their most popular original songs are "Swing Out Chicago", a rocker tune called "Alley Cat Blues", soulful and funky vibed "Love Reaction" and the blue-collar, patriotic theme song "Red, White & Blue".
style of music
- Year after year the Windy City Rev Ups continue to deliver their brand of revved-up rock n' blues music that is well-suited for music lovers of all generations. Their music captures the classic sound of Chicago-style blues fused with guitar-driven rock n' roll. The band's tight rhythm section is rock solid and complemented by the triple-duty frontman's bluesy voice, gritty Stratocaster tone, and soulful harmonica playing. You can hear the bands roll up their sleeves' work ethic in every song they perform.
- Adding saxophone, keyboards, and B3 Hammond organ to their sound gives the band an even more concert-sounding vibe — a sound that blurs the lines between genres, one amped-up rock anthem, blues standard, and original song at a time. A lot of the band's songs are about blue-collar pride such as their patriotic-themed song "Red, White, and Blue". The band's roots are very much tied to the Chicago area, you can hear that in their music!
FAR BEYOND ORDINARY
- Their stage shows are far beyond ordinary, they know how to crowd-build and get all types of audiences dancing, and having fun. Depending on the type of venue and size of the event, the band will take requests and create a night to remember. The 5-7 piece band performances include a 3rd lead guitar, saxophone, flute, piano, or Hammond B3 organ. They have an extensive song list complete with originals and all types of cover songs, a combination of popular R&B, Rock, Jazz, and Folk music. In the musician photo gallery, you'll see many of the great musicians that the band has met or shared the stage with over the last 20 years.
- The list of international and touring musicians includes Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, Joe Bonamassa, Wishbone Ash, Nighthawks, Koko Taylor, Lonnie Brooks, Eddy "The Chief" Clearwater, Lurrie Bell, Larry McCray, Mississippi Heat, Anthony Gomes (Canadian Guitarist), Kaz Hawkins (Ireland), Huggie JB (Germany), Kevin Guffy, Don't Panic (Hong Kong), Shun Kikuta (Japan), Ingvar Valgeirsson (Iceland) and recording artist Rob Leiness (Country-Rock Frontman).
- The list of Chicago musicians includes Mike Wheeler Band, Jimmy Burns, Shirley King, Michael Dotson, Carlos Johnson, Steve Ditzell (Blue Lightning Band), Louie Zagoras (Rollover), Matt Hines (2013 Guitar Center Blues Masters Winner), Smiley Tillmon Band, Joanna Connor, Tom Holland, Nigel Mack, Sheryl Youngblood, Guy King, and many more.